Wärtsilä Services is looking for an experienced Plant Automation Service engineer to Field Services 4-stroke organisation.
This is a travelling field service engineer position for installation supervision and commissioning for an engine driven power plants. This position includes regular travelling around 250 days per year.
The competence areas are various PLC Automation Systems (Siemens Step 7, Siemens Step 7 V13 Tia Portal, Modicon Unity, Allen-Bradley).
Home office location is either in Turku or Vaasa, Finland.
Please note that relocation costs and/or immigration support is not available for this position.
Location: Turku, Finland; Vaasa, Finland
- Plant automation testing and commissioning
- Perform maintenance and/or trouble shooting on Wärtsilä products
- Perform installation supervision and commissioning works of Wärtsilä Power Plant installations
- Participate with improvement of new products when performing warranty activities
- Promote Wärtsilä products and services
- Prepare service and travel expensive reports on time and with expected Wärtsilä quality
- Identify failures, making adjustments, assist on testing of installations according to instructions
- Check and adjust relevant system
- Provide internal and external work reports according to Wärtsilä standards
Control systems engineering, electrical & automation
- Siemens Step 7, Siemens Step 7 V13 Tia Portal, Modicon Unity, Allen-Bradley.
- Knowledge of Network IPs, ring switches and routers
-Knowledge of PLC Networks Can Bus, Mod Bus, and Profibus
-Basic computer repair skills, work with images, replace HDD, Power supplies
-Knowledge of MS Excel and Word
-In addition, knowledge of Wartsila UNIC / WECS / WOIS, WISE seen as an advantage
-Ability to read and understand electrical drawings
-Understanding of mechanical and fluid processes. In addition, Wartsila diesel, duel fuel and SG engine types and their auxiliaries or similar applications are seen as an advantage
-Perform electrical and automation maintenance and/or trouble shooting on Wartsila products or similar applications
-Perform pre-commissioning of Wartsila installations or similar applications
-Wartsila specific UNIC / WECS systems knowledge seen as an advantage
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 year experience of similar tasks
- Team player with a positive mind-set and ability to adapt / work independently in a challenging environment
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and negotiation skills
- Desire to learn new things
- Good written and spoken English
- Technical problem solving skills
- Skills in managing commissioning and warranty works successfully
- Prior experience in any of the defined areas and work experience with Wärtsilä 4-stroke engines is seen as an advantage
- Maturity in managing commissioning and warranty works successfully
- Willingness to travel
|Contact person to give further information||
Marko Lindvall, Team leader (Automation systems), Field Services, Power Plants
Mobile phone: +358 405555253
Tapani Syrjänen, Manager, Field Services, Power Plants
Mobile phone: +358 405023562
|Job area||Service Delivery|