General Purpose of the job:
- Operate the plant during the shift according to company policies, procedures and operation profile/plan.
- Operate and maintain the plant during the shift according to company policies, procedures and operation profile/plan.
- Assist Shift Supervisor as required.
- Follow all procedures and instructions related to start-up, shut-down and normal operations of the power plant systems.
- Maintain all operation records (including logs, check lists and running records) according to guidelines.
- Coach and mentor operators and general labour.
- Assist in taking corrective action during system operational disturbance.
- Communicate effectively the condition of all plant equipments, any deviation/ disturbance from the normal conditions and other performances to shift supervisor in charge and colleagues.
- Watch over of all alarms / parameters of engines and auxiliaries, monitor and analyse the trend data related to the equipments at all time and perform proper follow up.
- Comply with all safety regulations (including isolation, lock out and tag out) and perform emergency procedures in order to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety devices.
- Utilise all the tools, equipments and accessories in such a manner that the operating life is maximized.
- Provide for the relieving shift operator a complete handover, bringing to his/her attention any operational disturbance, malfunctions or abnormalities.
Making change happen
Decisiveness and action orientation
Planning and target setting
Developing self and others
Situational and cultural sensitivity
Business and Customer focus
Skills and Competencies
Cost awareness & effectiveness
Wärtsilä Quality, safety, environment skills
Workplace ICT equipment & application skills
Charge air system
Compressed air systems
Cooling water systems
Emission reduction systems
Exhaust gas system
Gas fuel systems
Injection support systems
Lubricating oil systems
Sludge reduction systems (Effluent handling system)
Engine knowledge, medium speed
Operator’s station knowledge
Trouble shooting, mechanical
Technical drawings and flow charts Certificate in Mechanical or equivalent 7 to 10 yrs. Experience in the Operation & Maintenance Field or equivalent
|Contact person to give further information||
Mohamed Lamine Kolet Camara
|Job area||Contract Delivery|