Are you a highly motivated and driven Naval Architect / Marine engineer who has a positive attitude and willingness to learn more?
We are now looking for a marine systems specialist to join the Project Sales audit team within Power Systems Services Sales and Sales Support. In this role you will be responsible for the evaluation and technical feasibility to retrofit a proposed project solution for an existing ship. This is done through vessel inspections, desktop studies, updates on General Arrangement drawings and other engineering documents.
In this role your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivering feasibility studies of new Equipment installed for existing vessels & desktop studies for conceptual planning in a timely manner
- Developing concepts for retrofitting solutions
- Building confidence and competence in areas by participating in targeted customer meetings
- Present conceptual and technical feasibility proposals in internal and external meetings
- Bring in market intelligence of vessel operations in order to further refine our solutions
- Ensure the functionality of proposed technical solutions and ensure that proposed solution fulfils customer requirements and needs.
- Prepare drawings to support the conceptual design and feasibility study.
- Audit vessels and shipyards for evaluation of feasibility of projects.
- Be actively involved in sales teams, participate in sales meetings with customers when required
We are looking for Naval Architect / Marine Engineer with;
- Driven & positive open attitude to learn more
- Ability to work individually & team working skills
- Fluency in English, verbal & written
- Knowledge of vessels and their structural capabilities as well as machinery systems
- The job requires extensive travelling to visit ships/shipyards globally, typically on a bi-weekly/monthly basis.
- Proficiency in tools such as AutoCAD, NAPA, power point, excel, etc. Additional skills in tools such as Rhino, Ideas and other CAD software is beneficial
- Educational background; M.Sc. Naval Architect / Marine Engineer
Additionally we wish you have experience in:
- Ship structural design
- Retrofit projects
- Repair yard work
- Ship machinery design
|Contact person to give further information||Please apply latest by 20th of August! Contact Esa Häkkinen ESA.HAKKINEN@WARTSILA.COM or Joel Knif JOEL.KNIF@WARTSILA.COM for further details on the position.|
|Job area||Service Delivery|