Director, Supply Management
To provide a winning product and solution offering for the Voyage Solutions (VS) business that is aligned with the Smart Marine strategy and ambition, we are looking for Director, Supply Management in Voyage Solutions business
In this position you will report to Vice President, Voyage Solutions and you will be part of the VS management team. The location is preferred to be in one of the main European offices of the Voyage Solutions business in Finland, Norway, UK or the Netherlands.
As a Director, Supply Management your main goal is to optimize supply capacity, availability, quality and cost for VS business, taking into account cross business/divisional needs.
- Create and lead the supply management strategy and tactical implementation plan for supply management in Voyage Solutions.
- Make or Buy decisions for VS as a member of VS management team.
- Develop supply management towards Smart Marine vision, e.g. by taking into use tools for Supplier Relationship Management, digital agreements and orders, real-time logistics follow-up for inbound materials, virtual tools for traceability, virtual validation with suppliers etc. Building and developing the value chain from suppliers to our customers and beyond in the Marine ecosystem.
- Drive and execute the sourcing process for direct materials.
- Implement and ensure the compliance and consistency in VS of Wärtsilä Supply Management strategy, category action plans and any other relevant policies, processes and procedures.
- Manage and develop supplier base, relationships and negotiations in VS according to the alignment with relevant category teams.
- Secure quality assurance, agreement coverage and price list coverage for suppliers in scope.
- Escalate cross divisional sourcing issues to the Supply Management Steering Committee, when appropriate.
- Continuously improve the Supply Management processes in VS in close collaboration with other functions.
- Develop and ensure long-term capacity, skills and availability of the sourcing resources.
- Analyze supplier related risks and act upon these when needed.
- Education: University (M.Sc.) degree in Engineering or related disciplines
- You have several years of experience and proven track record of successfully leading organization and teams.
- Preferably experience from IT/technology industry.
- You have strong personal drive, and you are used to take own initiatives and being pro-active.
- We expect you to have deep knowledge of sourcing and supplier process end to end and of supply market specific best practices.
- You have the ability to successfully manage supplier network by understanding customer needs.
- Ability to complete complex supply agreements is one of your key competence.
- In this position you need to have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of Wärtsilä’s business and customer requirements, is seen as huge benefit
- Fluent in written and spoken English, other languages beneficial
- Willingness to extensive travel
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your job application, together with a Curriculum Vitae and cover letter.
|Contact person to give further information||
Vice President, Voyage Solutions
|Job area||Supply Chain Management|