As a Commissioning Engineer at Wärtsilä Voyage Solutions, you are not only servicing our customers automation, navigation and communication systems, but you are part of the fast moving developments in the exiting and dynamic maritime world. In this position you be responsible for all kind of repairs on board ships on our Automation, Navigation and Communication equipment, as well as the installation, commissioning and maintenance of this equipment.
No day will be the same, since you will be working a wide range of client vessels such as, commercial cargo, offshore, fishery, yachts, navies, etc. Besides commissioning activities, you get the chance to work on full integration of all electric and electronics systems on board of our clients. The level of system integration varies from a package delivery of products, included related engineering, to complete system integration. Thanks to you we are able to provide an efficient and reliable service, maintenance and repair network.
Your office and workshop is located in Rotterdam, with a working area in the main harbours of the Benelux and occasionally world-wide.
• You are responsible for the installation, commissioning of all kind of Automation, Navigation and Communication equipment on board at our client’s vessels.
• Troubleshooting and performing route cause analysis on the customer’s equipment.
• Create service reports related to the executed services.
• Inform internal and external stakeholders such as the customer, service coordination, sales spare parts and account manager, regarding your activities on-site.
• You make sure you are equipped with the needed tools and parts needed on your project.
• You have a secondary vocational degree in electrical engineering, electronics or similar.
• A technical background preferably within a service position in, Automation Navigation or Communication systems.
• You hold a minimum of 2 years of experience in handling installation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting activities on board.
• Affinity with configuration and installation of various network devices and services.
• Structured, good attention to detail and self-motivating.
• You have strong communication & problem solving skills.
• You have an excellent customer understanding.
|Contact person to give further information||In case you have questions about the procedure please contact Pepijn Holla (Corporate Recruiter) by email: email@example.com.|
|Job area||Service Delivery|