You are responsible for the Electrical & Automation design (software or hardware) of marine and land based installations according to customer specifications, within lead time and cost estimation. The product portfolio mainly consists of E-motors, E-drives, starters, power distribution and management, propulsion controls, engine controls, alarm and monitoring systems and integrated automation systems. E&A engineering can be conducted for system integration, modifications, conversions, repairs, maintenance, studies or consultancy on both Wartsila and other OEM equipment.
As a Project Engineer E&A you will be part of the Project Centre which is part of the Services division and is responsible for management of projects. These are projects concerning the engineering, assembly, supply, installation and commissioning of diesel engines, ship propulsion systems and/or ship automation systems, as well as projects for modification, maintenance or repair of these systems.
The E&A department consists of a small team of experts in the Netherlands. You will be working in close cooperation with other teams such as Hydrodynamics, Mechanical Engineering, Controls and Project Management within the Project Centre. Your location will be our office in Drunen, but your projects are global so occasional travel will be required.
• Design customer solutions and provide technical customer documentation, commissioning documentation, protocol for factory acceptance test (FAT), etc.
• Arrange classification approval of the design and manage the system integration of several Wärtsilä products.
• Perform on site/board surveys and make technical reports to advise the customer and project management
• Support other departments; for instance Project Management, Purchasing, Workshop, Sales Support, Technical Support and Field Service.
• Inform Project Management on progress of projects and any potential design problems.
• Contribute to improvement of design methodologies, processes, products and in some cases perform R&D tasks.
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Automation/Software and Data Communication.
• Work experience preferably with ship electrical and controls in the Marine or equivalent
• Experience in an international (matrix organized) industrial organization.
• Experience with E-plan P8, CoDeSys, HMI and Simulation using ETAP is preferred.
• Responsible, flexible, proactive, stress resistant and planning skills.
• Willingness to travel for short periods and to work in a service minded environment.
• An open and accessible attitude in communication and a sense of business.
• Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English both verbal and written.
|Contact person to give further information||In case you have questions about the procedure please contact Mr. Pepijn Holla (Recruiter) by email: email@example.com|