Technical Services is a globally recognized technical knowledge function within the Services Business of Wärtsilä, supporting internal and external stakeholders during the life cycle of products and solutions.
The Product Expert – Gas Solutions gives technical support to internal and external customers after project handover (during warranty and aftermarket period). Expert participates in product improvement cases and development projects, field follow-up and technical investigations in the field.
We are now looking for two Product Experts – Gas Solutions to enhance our capability of performing life cycle support tasks for Wärtsilä Gas Solution Product family. We offer you interesting tasks in a multicultural environment where you will gain deep knowledge of the Gas Solution product family including applications in both power plants and marine installations.
Location: Asker, Norway; Vaasa, Finland
As a Product Expert – Gas Solutions your main responsibilities are
- To solve technical issues related to Gas Solution products and their components
- To support the Wärtsilä product improvement process by performing RCA and field validations of new technical improvements
- Providing technical content as well as coordinating technical bulletin creation within own responsibility area
- Participate in the introduction (field validation, pilot installation commissioning etc. of new products in the field
- Provide technical support for Wärtsilä's purchase organization in their contacts with suppliers
- Provide technical support for the Services Technical Information department with creation of manuals and spare part catalogues
- Providing technical training for colleagues in Technical Services as well as other departments on request.
As an ideal candidate you have higher degree in engineering (e.g. Bachelor or Master degree) in Process- , Automation- , Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent education.
Previous experience from maritime (Ship/FPSO), Oil & Gas and/or process industry engineering is/are needed. Experience of gas process systems for liquefaction and gasification or similar process applications is seen as a benefit.
We expect you to be willing to learn and adapt to new technologies and have a proactive and self-motivating way of thinking.
Our official working language is English, you should have good command of English, both oral and written.
Willingness to travel, i.e. installation and follow-up of equipment for field testing or on-site troubleshooting (estimated 40-80 days per year).
|Contact person to give further information||
Mats Forsén, General Manager, Aux Systems & Gas Solutions
Mobile +358 404820412 (EET)
Joachim Böling, General Manager, Controls & Electrical Systems
Mobile +358 405862326 (EET)
|Job area||Service Delivery|