Wärtsilä Dynamic Positioning, Inc. (WDP) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a Document Control Specialist/Drafter position located in Poway, CA. The Document Control Specialist/Drafter, will report directly to the Director of Operations.
The Document Control Specialist/Drafter will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Purchasing/creation and processing of PO’s (Procurement) via SAP.
• Providing data entry input for material resources planning as required, support purchasing, and other logistics
activities, via SAP.
• Provide support for peer checking of ECN data entry into MRP system.
• Provide research for drawings, engineering documents, control records, and related files upon request.
• Production Planning via SAP, eg. Issuing material, capturing released material, the full scope of supply chain
• Process Shipping & Receiving of material & systems in SAP.
• Close working partnership with Outsource Assembly and Shipping.
• Work within the ISO 9001 guidelines and procedures.
• Prepare mechanical, assembly, and electrical drawings via SolidWorks & AutoCAD.
• Work from red-lines (mechanical & wiring schematics) and written instructions to create simple to complex engineering
• Maintain technical documentation, including technical writing for system manuals.
• Must be proficient in the use of Excel & Word, CAD tools, SolidWorks & AutoCAD.
The primary job responsibilities of this position are Document Control Specialist. This is a hybrid position and approximately 75% of the duties will be Document Control and 25% will be Drafting.
Wärtsilä is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Wärtsilä complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
• Good CAD computer skills and organizational abilities.
• Good SAP operations.
• Good communication skills.
• Producing documentation to support consistent, accurate performance.
• Experience in international shipping a plus.
• Experience in Export Control environment a plus.
Education and Experience:
• Associates in a related field or equivalent work experience in a technical industry.
• 2 years experience using SolidWorks.
• 2 years experience using AutoCAD.
• 2 years relevant experience in a Document Control environment.
• Vocational certification a plus.
• Knowledge of industry products and processes a plus.
• SAP software experience and skills are highly desirable.
• Significant experience with Corporate ERP systems and project management.
• Advanced skills in MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
|Job area||Supply Chain Management|