‘Young and eager Dutch speaking Mechanical Design Engineer who’s looking to become a technical propulsion expert”
Are you a progressive and pragmatic young starter on Bachelor or Academic level and looking for an entry-level job in service engineering, support and operations where you can gain in-depth mechanical, hydrodynamic and hydraulics experience in an international environment? A job in which you will work with innovative propulsion products consisting of a variety of Steerable- and Transverse Thrusters, Controllable Pitch Propellers, Reduction Gears, Electric Pods, Water Jets, reduction gearboxes, rudders and advanced control systems? Then we can offer you a fantastic start of your career.
You become part of our Technical Services Department (operates from two locations, Drunen in The Netherlands and Rubbestadneset in Norway), where we support a large part of the Wärtsilä product portfolio. Our customers operate worldwide in different segments on the Maritime industry such as offshore, dredging, merchant and navy. Customers operate an installed base of 15000+ propulsion systems. As a Trainee Mechanical Propulsion Expert you provide the highest level of technical support for propulsion products to customers and other stakeholders. Support is provided in the field of installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and development for all products in the Wärtsilä propulsion portfolio.
You’re located in Drunen and will report to our Manager Technical Services.
Location: Drunen, Netherlands
• You will be trained and educated in propulsion equipment applications and all propulsion products and competence areas like mechanics, vibration analysis, hydrodynamics, metallurgy, control and embedded control systems.
• Be a part of the expert team that deals daily with high-quality technical analysis, support and development in the field of propulsion systems
• You provide expert mechanical support for all propulsion equipment, input for the product improvement process and repair solutions for all propulsion products.
• You ensure customer satisfaction by providing high quality and on-time support enabled by world class competences in propulsion equipment applications.
• Development and improvement of mechanical applications for retrofit and upgrade purposes of propulsion systems on board ships.
• You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering and have maximum 0-2 years of experience.
• Living within a range of 40 km from Drunen, The Netherlands, or prepared to relocate and are fluent in both spoken and written Dutch and English.
• Broad technical knowledge and interest in mechanics, hydraulics and machinery controls is important.
• You’re a team player with a proactive approach. Hard working, sincere approach towards work with commercial awareness.
• An understanding of engineering drawings and principles. Knowledge of FEM, vibration analysis techniques, modeling via Matlab.
• Should have both practical and technical skills.
• Willingness to travel occasionally.
|Contact person to give further information||In case you have questions about the procedure please contact Mr. Egbert van der Meijs (Lead Recruiter) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Job area||Service Delivery|