• Prepares and sends written correspondence to customer for all aspects of the project except for engineering correspondence and engineering submittals which are prepared and sent by engineering
• Resolves different interpretations of contract requirements between customer and American Hydro
• Accountable for cost control on the project and ensuring project margins are executed at “as sold” or higher levels
• Resolves problems concerning project performance and customer service
• Coordinates preparation of contract change proposals by functional departments and assures that contract change proposals are correctly written
• Monitors project progress and when necessary, recommends corrective action to maintain project schedule and satisfy quality commitments
• Drives procurement process for large or complex items such as generators, switchgear, governors, subcontract installation and subcontract testing
• Determines how to meet contract requirements which have not previously been identified as being a responsibility of the functional department
• Manages the milestone invoicing to maximize cash flow for the organization
• Satisfies ISO 9001 Quality System as it relates to these tasks
• Acknowledges contract changes and pursues change orders when necessary
• Serves as primary contractual and technical contact with customers after a contract has been awarded.
• Oversees functional departments (i.e. operations, supply chain, quality etc.) to determine whether they are meeting contract requirements.
• Handles internal and external performance problems to minimize non-conformance to contract specifications and maintain strong customer relations.
• Escalation of issues in a timely fashion.
• Invoicing in a timely manner.
• Overall safety on projects.
Desired Skills include:
- Must be highly organized,
- The ability to handle multiple projects,
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Knowledge of hydro power plant equipment Bachelor's degree with five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous Project Management experience is required. PMP is encouraged. Hydro experience is highly recommended.
|Contact person to give further information||
Position will be located in York, Pennsylvania. Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
Qualified candidates must apply online at http://www.wartsila.com/careers/vacancies
American Hydro Corporation is a Wartsila Company. American Hydro values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. American Hydro is an EOE/AA employer.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2016, Wärtsilä's net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
|Job area||Project Management|