- Solve complex technical and operating problems of the customer as well as report and propose product improvement needs in order to reach quality and cost targets and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Act as a technical expert within Services, specifically for gas engine installations.
- Has advanced deep mechanical and control knowledge of gas engines and engines in general.
- Make analysis with adequate conclusions and recommendations (reports) for how to solve complex technical problems of the customer. Report the related work progress to relevant stakeholders.
- Report and propose improvement needs of the products and solutions for relevant internal stakeholders.
- Participate in product developments and product improvement projects as Area representative.
- Participate in development of new working methods within own responsibility area.
- Propose product improvements for Other-OEM products.
- Provide timely and quality technical support to internal and external customers.
- Visit sites when deeper product, system and/or performance analysis is needed.
- Participate and lead technical site audits to improve external and internal (CM) customer installation’s efficiency and availability.
- Provide quality leads to the Sales organization to improve Wartsila’s and customer’s business.
- May act as trainer in special expertise area including e.g. performing trainings as well as developing training programs and materials.
- Analyze field experience and customer feedback data in order to improve the products and solutions as well as operation and maintenance of the installation.
- Support in technical matters when new products or components are developed and launched.
- Maintain relationships with cooperation partners.
- Propose content for technical information products (e.g. Service Bulletins).
- Support less experienced technical experts.
- Participate in customer and/or vendor meetings as a technical expert, when complex technical matters are handled.
- Acquire know-how and follow up the latest global development trends of specifically gas engines and Wartsila products in general.
- Cost awareness & effectiveness
- Achieving results
- Presentation skills
- Reporting & analyzing skills
- Wärtsilä knowledge & business understanding
- Planning and target setting
- Product knowledge
- System and solution knowledge
- Customer understanding
- Business and customer focus
- Deliver Solutions to Customer
- Project Management (defined in PM JF)
Management & Leadership Competencies:
- Developing self and others
- Making change happen
- Decisiveness and action orientation
- Problem solving and decision making
- Situational and cultural sensitivity Mechanical background
Fluent in English At least 5 year experience with Wartsila engines