Estimator – Project Manager is responsible for the management of sales, and relationships with particular customers.
• Study and analyse customer requirements and needs
• Interact with engineering, methods and operations departments
• Carry out calculation and estimate hours and costs pertaining to job execution
• Prepare quotations to be submitted to customers
• Assist account manager in explaining quotation to customer
• Generate work order / shop traveller in SAP upon order award
• Prepare documents and tools to track project during its execution
• Interact with shop floor team throughout project execution
• Provide regular progress update to customer
• Prepare any potential contract scope changes and related pricing
• Takes overall responsibility to deliver assigned projects on time and on budget, providing necessary input into resource needs.
• Complete and close projects along with monitoring customer satisfaction
• Occasionally travels to customer or vendor sites as needed
Technical background or similar experience
Knowledge of rotating equipment required
(Primarily pumps, crushers, grinding mills and centrifuges)
Experience with mining and pulp and paper industry
Knowledge of remanufacturing processes such as: thermal spray, balancing, babbitting and reverse engineering.
Post-secondary diploma with technical specialization
Minimum 5-7 years experience in estimating and project management
|Job area||Sales & Marketing|