The position leverages proven technical abilities to synthesize complex analytical tasks into easily understood data-driven stories. Also ensures that all reporting and analytical responsibilities are completed on time in full quality, continually seeks out opportunities to learn new technical skills (e.g. writing SQL/code, statistics, machine learning, etc.) and operates under minimal supervision and mentorship of more experienced managers.
The position must work closely with Volume Planning, Production Planning, Finance, Sales, Global Manufacturing, and will mentor newcomers within the group.
• Leverages data analytics tools to create new dashboards and executes existing reporting and analytical responsibilities.
• Ensures the quality of work output by showing a keen attention to details.
• Presents findings in easily understood ways, focuses on how the data analytics fits into the bigger picture.
• Analysis of monthly and quarterly production allocation, working closely with Global Volume Planning and Factories’ Planning functions to ensure product and mix allocations are in line with yearly forecasted volumes and trim requirements.
• Reduce variance between supply and demand figures.
• Trigger lead time quarterly (or yearly) mix review and special products (strangers) analysis, ensuring forecasts are in line with demand.
• Supply chain & planning data governance and harmonization across different sites.
• Perform special projects are needed; and other duties as required.
• Fast learner and ability to quickly gain good knowledge of product and delivery processes.
• Good knowledge of Demand & Supply (SOP) process, Production and Inventory planning.
• Strong forecasting and analytical skills are essential.
• Advanced MS Office skills are essential -- with particular strength in Excel and PowerPoint;
• Previous experience in manufacturing or sourcing environment is a plus.
• Must have confidence to work independently and contribute effectively when operating at the highest levels within Wartsila.
• Ability to prioritize work.
• Must have strong written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to influence others.
• Good interpersonal skills and understanding of different cultures.
Other Requirements (Fundamental): Planning & Target Setting, Cost awareness & effectiveness,
- Fluent English
- BSc or MSc. Degree in Engineering
- Previous direct experience in analyzing the relevant subject matter (e.g. Supply Chain, Operations, etc.)
- Few years of work experience in data mining, statistical analysis, auditing, and/or forecasting.
- Experience building reports/analyses with analytical tools (e.g. Excel, MS Power BI, Rapid Miner, SAS, IBM SPSS. etc.)
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate actively and work in a team environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, tools, and techniques.
|Contact person to give further information||
For further information please contact:
Wärtsilä Italia - Recruiting