Wärtsilä Dynamic Positioning, Inc. (WDP) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a Part-time External Integration and Test Technician contract position located in Poway, CA. The Part-time External Integration and Test Technician position will report directly to the Director of Engineering.
The Part-time External Test Technician will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Staging of material in the test area as required by the system level Bill of Materials.
• Wire and interconnect the assemblies per released engineering drawings and documents.
• Test of the system per a released test plan (requires interacting with the system via a touchscreen based user
• Troubleshooting electrical problems.
• Document of bugs found during testing.
• Communication of issues with software engineers.
Wärtsilä is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Wärtsilä complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
• Ability to read wiring drawings and use the information to interconnect hardware modules.
• Experience with serial communication standards (RS-232 and RS-485/422).
• Experience with Ethernet networks.
• Operation of computer based equipment.
• Trouble shooting of interconnected electronic systems.
• Experience with Windows based computers (Win XP, Win 7 and Win 10 IOT).
• Good communication and documentation skills.
• MS Office (Word and Excel).
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• 5+ years of integration and testing experience.
• Knowledge of industry products and processes a plus.
• High School Diploma Required
• Vocational certification a plus.
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
|Job area||Quality and Operational Development|