Wärtsilä Dynamic Positioning, Inc. (WDP) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a System Engineering (SE) position located in Poway, CA. The SE will report directly to the SE Lead.
The SE will be part of a small team working on exciting applications for the marine industry, including applications for offshore vessels, mega yachts and cruise ships, wind farm installation vessels, ferries, and other specialty vessels.
Qualified candidates will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Engineering activities related to development, upgrade, and support of vessel control systems.
• Develop and review project related drawing and documentation packages such as wiring diagrams, bill of materials
(BOMs), cable specifications, wiring interconnect diagrams, manuals, specifications, and regulatory submittals.
• Develop system design, drawing and documentation packages in accordance with marine regulatory body requirements.
• Create system test procedures and perform system testing as required by the project.
• Work with other divisions to support an integrated approach to bridge and general shipboard systems.
• Work collaboratively with field service engineers to resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
Wärtsilä is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Wärtsilä complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
• Experience developing and reviewing system specifications and engineering documentation packages.
• Experience developing and reviewing assembly and wiring drawings.
• Experience with various interface protocols such as RS-232/422/485, TCP/IP, Modbus, and CANbus.
• Hands on experience with Windows computers and their incorporation into larger systems.
• Able to identify components and solutions to meet new product requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, as part of a multi-functional team, and with customer and regulatory
• Detail oriented with good communication and documentation skills.
• Must be well organized and have the ability to multi-task and keep track of simultaneous on-going projects.
• Must have hands on experience using AutoCAD.
• Working knowledge of maritime regulatory bodies such as DNV, ABS, and others, a plus.
• SAP software experience and skills are highly desirable.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred; or equivalent relevant background. Please see desired skills.
• Occasional domestic and international travel may be required for purposes such as on-site commissioning, troubleshooting and testing, attending meetings, field service support, conferences, training, or as required for job related duties.
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.