As a Product Data Engineer you are responsible for the maintenance of all the product data and further improvement of the quality of this data. This mission critical product data is used by part sales, service sales, technical support, product management, and, through the online services, by Wärtsilä customers directly. We maintain data about our customer’s installations as long as they are used, which can be well over 30 years. You are responsible for updating, augmenting, and re-structuring of engineering data in multiple systems. You collect this data from many sources, among them our suppliers, and Wärtsilä engineers (local or abroad).
Moreover you will be involved with continues programs of data quality improvement and converting data for innovative and new systems in the digital arena. This position is based in Drunen, The Netherlands.
Location Netherlands, Drunen
• You are (together with other team members) responsible to improve, expand, and re-shape the product data of our installations into suitable product structures.
• You have various tasks, ranging from finding the right replacement part, re-structuring and augmenting the parts data, to creating, maintaining, and publishing illustrated part data (part catalogue).
• You analyze the information in the PDM (Product Data Management, TeamCenter) and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning, SAP) systems and collect this data in a customer-specific spare parts list.
• Improve the quality of data in the systems based on 'notifications of non-compliance'.
• You have a vocational degree with several years of experience in a technical environment.
• In-depth knowledge of, and experience with technical administrative data processing.
• You are very consistent, thorough and accurate.
• A team player who is flexible and easily adapts to the team interests.
• Knowledge of PDM and ERP systems, TeamCenter (NX), and SAP is an advantage.
• Possess strong communication skills; both to customers and to other departments within Wärtsilä.
• Good command of English (spoken and written). Dutch is a bonus.
• Good computer skills including MS Office.
|Contact person to give further information||In case you have questions about the procedure please call Mr. Egbert van der Meijs at +31 (0)6 20324766 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job area||Service Delivery|