CADCAM CNC Offline programmer using Edgecam & Vericut.
A CAD/CAM Programmer creates CNC programs using the provided CAD/CAM software / drawings. This individual should also be familiar with FANUC / HIEDENHAIN / MAZAK MATRIX G-Code/M-Code and should be able to perform post-process editing. A CAD/CAM Programmer should be proficient with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, and Word) as well as be able to create new, maintain, and update files from that software. Be able to determine the manufacturing process of a new product from the fixture/work holding stage to the finish product is essential for this position.
You will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader and be responsible for;
Creating CNC machining programs using Edgecam and Vericut from Solidedge 3D models and drawings.
Maintaining and updating the Edgecam CADCAM tool store and Technology Assistant, including creation of tool models and fixtures.
Updating and correcting CAD drawings using Solidedge.
Optimising CNC programs using Vericut to provide collision free fully optimised programs (Mill / Turn and milling / Turning / Grinding).
Creation and maintenance of Vericut setup sheets to facilitate correct setup of components.
Training others in these skills.
Attention to detail.
Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a cross functional team.
CAD & CADCAM skills in 3D (Solid Edge, Edgecam & Vericut).
Ability to proficiently create CNC machining programs using Solidedge 3D cad models, all associated tooling and fixtures required to manufacture Edgecam training covering Essentials and Advanced milling and turning version 2018 R1 or later
Vericut collision detection and program optimisation V8 or later
Generate accurate, efficient and collision free CAD/CAM programs.
• Generate CNC programs from the CAD/CAM software.
• Excellent print reading skills.
• Current, working knowledge and understanding of machine tooling and proper usage.
• Up to date working knowledge and understanding of inserts and chip breaker function.
• Ability to perform online programming (at a machine control - FANUC, HIEDENHAIN, MAZAK)
• Ability to perform offline programming (not on a machine control).
• Generate and maintain information in Excel or Word based off of CNC programs.
• Control the handling of CNC programs from the server to CNC machines.
• Monitor, document, and control any changes made to CNC programs.
• Have general design concepts of fixture or work holding components.
• Create and maintain the part manufacturing processes in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering.
• Needs to be proficient creating/designing, editing, maintaining Microsoft Excel files.
• Needs to have a general understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Needs to be able to read and follow written instructions or procedures.
• Troubleshoot machining related issues (tool, manufacturing process, or mechanical).
• General and practical knowledge of measuring tools, equipment, and concepts.
• Excellent working knowledge of geometric tolerance's and dimensioning.
• Assist and aid the Manufacturing Engineer.
• Other duties as assigned by the area supervisor.
Wartsila UK Ltd processes personal data collected as part of the recruitment process in line with the Wartsila Data Protection Policy. As part of any recruitment process, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. The Wartsila Job Applicants Privacy Notice can be found by visiting: https://cdn.wartsila.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/wartsilas-job-applicants-privacy-notice.pdf?sfvrsn=9dc35244_2
The wording in this document reflects the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will come into effect in the UK on 25 May 2018.
|Contact person to give further firstname.lastname@example.org|