As a Technical Support Engineer (Product Group Steerable Thrusters / Tunnel Thrusters)in Wartsila Technical Service Propulsion, you will find yourself in the technical heart of the exiting world of the Maritime industry. You provide the highest level of technical support for our propulsion products to our customers and other stakeholders for our installed base. You will provide this support in the field of installation, maintenance and troubleshooting for all Controllable Pitch Propellers, Waterjets, Rudders and Fixed Pitch Propellers in the Wärtsilä Power System Services portfolio.
You are part of our Technical Services Department (operates from two locations, Drunen in The Netherlands and Rubbestadneset in Norway), which ensures customer satisfaction by providing high quality and on-time technical support enabled by world-class competences in propulsion equipment. The propulsion products consists of a variety of Steerable- and Transverse Thrusters, Controllable Pitch Propellers, Reduction Gears, Electric Pods, Water Jets, reduction gearboxes, rudders and advanced control systems. You will report to our Manager Technical Services.
Location Drunen, The Netherlands
• You ensure customer satisfaction by providing high quality and on-time support enabled by world-class competences in propulsion equipment.
• Primarily be responsible for handling Technical Requests received from customers.
• Provide input for the product improvement process and create Service Bulletins.
• You participate/perform in Root Cause Analysis and perform expert technical field investigations and screening of field service reporting.
• Participate/contribute in product development activities.
• You work in close cooperation with the partner teams within Technical Service Propulsion and Expert Services. Close cooperation exists amongst these teams to enable efficient and world-class support.
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering, Marine Engineering or equivalent.
• Approximately 5 years of working experience within mechanics, hydraulics and machinery controls. Relevant experience with operations and/or installation and maintenance of marine equipment is a strong plus.
• Experience in a service support role with propulsion equipment or with other large rotating equipment or even Wärtsilä propulsion products (field service / engineering) is a huge advantage.
• A true team player with a proactive approach and technical reporting skills.
• You are a strong communicator with good organizational and analytical skills.
• Customer focused with a service minded attitude.
• You are willing to travel occasionally.
|Contact person to give further information||
In case you have questions about the procedure please call Mr. Egbert van der Meijs (Lead Recruiter) at +31 (0)6 20324766 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job area||Service Delivery|