Job description: Supervise mechanical installation works for construction of new gas-fired power station comprising Wartsila dual fuel reciprocating engines able to run on either gas or diesel fuel.
Tools and systems: Tools used in this role are Wärtsilä specific tools; DCM365 (project/site documentation and reporting system), WeCare (IT solution for managing the information related to incidents), SQAD (Site Quality Assurance Documentation System), LogWis (Logistics System), LPS (Lean Planner System), SOS International, International SOS, WeBuy (purchasing tool for all indirect services and materials), MyTravel (travel expenses reporting tool), SAP, WeLearn (Learning Management System), IDM (Integrated Document Management System).
Duties and responsibilities:
• Supervise the scope of work and follow material flow at site.
• Guide mechanical subcontractor(s) at site.
• Ensure that mechanical installation schedule, design and instructions are followed.
• Maintain good customer relations and team spirit at site.
• Highlight the economical and cost saving working procedures.
• Maintain good reporting practices.
• Ensure that mechanical as-built drawings are completed and communicated.
• To safeguard the compliance with HSSE policies and minimize risks in mechanical installation works and tests.
• Coordinate construction and installation works in cooperation with Civil and Electrical disciplines.
• Perform inspection of received material and goods at site.
• Participate the mechanical weekly site meetings.
• Perform the quality control and installation inspections at site.
• Guide the subcontractor(s) with mechanical design and installation instructions.
• Assist the subcontractor(s) in planning, organizing and execution of mechanical works.
• Advise and support the client in planning, organizing and execution of tests.
Inspection and Testing
• Ensure that safe inspections and test procedures are followed.
• Instruct subcontractor to use accepted test and inspection methods and proper test equipment.
• Perform tests of installed equipment and document test results.
• Maintain punch list.
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
With 5 years related work experience
|Job area||Project Management|