We are looking for a Manager, Business Development with experience of energy markets and techno-commercial modelling to join our team.
The Business Development team supports market development activities in Wärtsilä Energy Solutions globally by identifying, analyzing and developing new value propositions for our customers by combining world-leading energy system modelling capability with market and business knowhow. The team is also constantly looking for opportunities to expand our offering portfolio to new areas in the energy market.
Location: Helsinki, Finland; Turku, Finland; Vaasa, Finland.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Participate in our global market development activities with power system and energy market modelling; analyse results and quantify system-level benefits
- Value proposition development for our solutions for the target markets
- Modelling methodology and analysis tool development, including with Plexos power system optimization software, and Excel-based tools
- Leading business development projects
- Techno-commercial analysis to support sales, strategy and business innovation
- Supporting growth by constantly seeking for new business opportunities
As a Business Development Manager, you should have a good understanding of techno-commercial modelling and analysis of power systems and energy projects. You have preferably more than 5 years’ of experience in working in energy industry. You have experience in energy markets; previous experience from analyst tasks can be an advantage. You should hold MSc or equivalent technical or commercial degree. Experience in Plexos or other power system optimization software is seen as a benefit.
To succeed in this role, you have excellent analytical skills, and an interest in structuring, modelling and finding solutions to complex problems. You share our values – Energy, Excellence and Excitement – and feel natural acting by them in daily work, demonstrating ownership and responsibility for driving your own work.
You feel comfortable in networking and have good presentation skills. You have a capacity to work both independently and in cross functional teams. You are fluent in spoken and written English, spoken Swedish or Finnish is seen as a benefit. You are willing to travel.
|Contact person to give further information||
General Manager, Business Development
+358 40 1849088
|Job area||Business Development|