Service Unit West Africa - Technical Services is looking for an Engine Expert 4-S to join the L1 Technical Services Team and provide advanced technical support within Service Unit activities.
You will become part of a team that collects the most advanced technical knowhow within the Service Unit and will be offered the opportunity to challenge your trouble shooting skills on a variety of installations and components, taking the lead in the activities aimed at identifying reasons for failures and possible corrective actions.
• Provide technical support to both our customers and internally to Service Sales, Field Service , etc.
• Participate in introducing new products, testing and follow-up of the products
• Collaborate with the Technical Service Organization
• Participate in technical problem solving in connection with warranty follow-up
• Internal Product Training / Update
• Report events to the product factories
• Stay updated on new product, bulletins, field test, etc.
• Participate in the company's security order
• Travel activity is expected,being available 24/7 for job mobilization ASAP on site
• Perform Troubleshooting and diagnosis
• Perform rout cause analysis accordingly even on multiple/complex issues : mechanical, electrical, auxiliaries, having system overview
• Ensure a fast response with quick delivery of a Technical Service report
• Provide auditing services
• Support the TS back office activities
- Problem solving drive and trouble shooting motivation
- Field support technical communication skills
- Diesel and Gas engine technology knowledge
- Good knowledge of Wärtsilä`s engines portfolio
- Control and automation systems knowledge. WECS / WOIS / UNIC is an advantage
- Communication skills that enhance teamwork
- Ability to flexibility and good cooperation skills
- Ability to work systematically and independently
- Keen for travelling on site & being promptly available.
- Languages : English, requirement to be fluent at oral and in written ; French appreciated.
MSc. (Eng.), BSc (Eng.) in engineering,theoretical education at engineer / engineer level or equivalent or equal level reached by several years of experience on the job. Previous experience in construction, commissioning, operation & maintenance of Marine/Energy Solutions installations.
At least 5 years experience within a similar or related field.
|Contact person to give further information||
Ivano DI MASI