|Position description||Wartsila North America is looking for an experienced Leader to successfully manage the Specific Fuel Consumption Improvement Efficiency program, part of the innovative Carnival Performance Based Logistic Agreement. The ideal candidate has a broad knowledge of engines, systems, a continuous improvement mind-set and he/she gets the drive from optimizing performance and dealing with customers in challenging environments. She/he has a broad set of skills of which Customer first, Technical background, Analytical and Forecasting skills, Forward Thinking mind-set, Problem Solving attitude, Ability to implement solutions and Influence a large audience are the main ones. The target is to reach the Specific Fuel Oil Consumption goals set by the PBL agreement, securing that Fuel Oil Consumption reduction projects are pre-analysed, planned and executed well in a large fleet of seagoing vessels.|
- Monitor the consumption trends based on input from the Contract Centres and decide on the correct timing for implementation of fuel consumption reduction products/solutions available in the Wärtsilä 4-stroke portfolio.
- Drive the Company in finding new solutions aimed to further reduce the SFOC, based on the PBL learnings and with the support of the newly established SFOC PBL STECO Team.
- Align and plan product upgrade projects with Customer, Maintenance Planning, project teams, SFOC PBL STECO Team and other stakeholders such as 4-stroke Product Management and Technical Services.
- Ensure that the measurements are properly performed and ensure that the results of the continuing fuel measurements on board the ships are collected, consolidated and systematically reported to SUPBL Director and Customer.
- Build business cases for the different upgrades to ensure timely implementation for securing revenues.
- Develop and maintain a product upgrade strategy, roadmaps and plans. Ensure organizational alignment for the upgrade projects.
- Act as an interface from the contract team towards internal stakeholders with regards to potential fuel reduction developments which will come available in the future.
- Analytical skills
- Cost awareness & effectiveness
- Cultural knowledge
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Process development knowledge
- Wärtsilä knowledge and business understanding
- Wärtsilä quality, safety, environment skills
- Contract Management Tools
- Contract Planning
- Contract Risk Management
- Contract knowledge
- Customer understanding
- 4 Stroke Engine knowledge
- Scheduled maintenance
- Auxiliary system knowledge
- Performance and trend analysis
- Team building
- Management skills
- Problem solving and decision making
B.Sc or M.Sc in Engineering combined with a financial understanding Marine/Cruise Industry, Marine/Cruise customers combined with knowledge of Wartsila Service products and solutions for 4-stroke engines is seen as beneficial.
|Contact person to give further information||
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
|Job area||Service Delivery|