Wärtsilä Marine Power Solutions Product Line Fuel Gas Supply Systems is looking for a Senior Project Purchaser.
As a Senior Project Purchaser you will work in an international environment in close cooperation with project teams and responsible for purchasing products which are delivered from suppliers to consolidation points or directly to the customer. The focus is on the whole supply chain (end to end) with highest standards of quality, time and cost in order to meet customers’ expectations.
Location: Vaasa, Finland
Main responsibility is to ensure that materials requested by the project teams are purchased and delivered on time with requested quantity, quality and best possible total cost.
As a Senior Project Purchaser, you will also
- Issue purchase orders, order confirmations, expediting and re-scheduling, report and discuss changes with project management
- Plan purchasing activities for assigned projects together with the project team
- Solve problems with suppliers & internal stakeholders
- Manage claims from/to suppliers in coordination with stakeholders (project team, sourcing organization)
- Verify & approve purchase invoices
- Make request for quotations and participate in supplier negotiations within the assigned projects
- Verify and develop new suppliers in cooperation with Strategic Purchasers
- Feedback supplier performance to Supply Management team
- Manage inbound logistics related tasks
- Instruct supplier with inbound logistic information, packaging and labelling instructions as well as transport
- Participate actively in development of internal work processes
- Develop day-to-day cooperation with suppliers
- Co-operate actively with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
To succeed in this role, you should have:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Engineering or Economics and Business Administration
- Previous experience (minimum 2 years) within purchasing, project management, supply chain management and / or logistics is needed
- SAP knowledge, good PC skills; MS Office
- Good communication skills to do external communication with suppliers
- Proactive and systematic way of working, also under pressure
- Target and result oriented, with focus on Total Cost Awareness
- Fluent in both written and oral business English
- Experience in Key User roles is seen as an asset
You need to be capable of working autonomously (problem solving, decision making independently, analytical) as well as being a flexible team player with good communication, negotiation and team working skills.
|Contact person to give further information||
Cecilia Edsvik, Senior Project Purchaser
+358 50 5313061
Kim Raukko, Resource Manager
|Job area||Supply Chain Management|