To deliver the set target order intake ensuring that the profitability is at the agreed levels. Being responsible for setting clear targets (KPI’s) and driving to achieve sales targets using own sales team, Wartsila Network and agents.
To develop, build & sustain close working relationships with our customer.
To head the Sales team and undertake and be responsible for all of the Sales activities associated with the Valve Business and develop future Sales opportunities & strategies.
Proactively identify sales growth opportunities to enhance our product offering.
As well as leading the Sales team, take a personel sales terrority responibility, this will include overseas travel to these regions, working closey with Wartsila network and agents.
To Work closely with the Contracts & Commercial team ensuring proposals are of the highest standard and accurate.
Continuously improving the tender process, standards and efficiency, eliminating issues and risk management toward clean purchase orders within the defined margins.
To develop a greater knowledge & expertise of the Wartsila network and market reach as well as maintianing and developing a Global network of agents. Build a team that is able to develop and increase our offerings in line with the business strategic vision.
Manage the overall performance of the teams reporting directly back Sales Director Flow Soluitions.
Contribute to the monthly business reports in a timely manner. Monitor and maintain all assigned KPI’s and provide support / drive the lean activities within the business. Contribute to the business forecast and ensure the associated targets are monitored and achieved.
Work with Wartsila Global marketing in respect of marketing, e-commerce opportunities and Exhibitions for business generation.
Location: Brough, UK
To evaluate and continuously improve the sales processes and procedures and constantly strive for clear communications and good working relationships with the internal departments / stakeholders including but not limited to Finance, Technical, Production & Quality. As necessary modify or produce new processes & procedures to continually improve the effective and efficient running of the department.
Personelly and through your team, manage relationships and customer expectations within the Wartsila and business guidelines.
To develop & build a mulit-disciplined Sales team. Develop a skills & competence matrix, ensure performance management is embedded in the team and a succession plan is developed for the team.
Adopt a work ethic that promotes good customer service.
• Cost awareness & Effectiveness;
• Cultural knowledge;
• Presentation skills;
• Quality, safety & environmental skills;
• Good English language skills;
• Willingness to travel around the globe.
Management & Leadership:
• Strategic planning and target setting;
• Team builder and motivator, be willing to take ownership;
• Leadership skills, demonstrated by several years of management and leadership experience, in a sales organization;
• Strong communication skills;
• Management skills.
• In depth knowledge and understanding of Valves industry, both from sales and delivery perspective;
• Customer value understanding, thinking in commercial feasible / cost efficient solutions;
• Skills and experience in building and maintaining customer relations throughout the lifecycle;
• Strong performance and result orientation;
• Excellent negotiation skills and contractual/commercial knowledge;
• Technical product & solution knowledge, advocating integrated/smart solutions and developing differentiators in close cooperation with Product Lines, other Business Lines
• Focus on sustainability and environment;
• Lifecycle cost understanding;
• Digitalization mind set with driving force of “linking the dots”.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Business preferred.
10 Years+ Proven experience + track record in the Valves industry also preferred.
Understanding & use of SAP & CRM an advantage.
|Contact person to give further information||Stefano De Marco|
|Job area||Sales & Marketing|