1. Business Development Ownership: The successful candidate will take Ownership of Business Development and Sales objectives including but not limited to: sales funnel planning, marketing, uncovering needs and creating value for clients, developing proposals, sales targets, etc. Leadership of new Business Development & Sales in Central and Atlantic Canada is the candidate's primary responsibility and goal.
2. WCA Services Promotion: Guiding and Leading the team within Canada to:
a. Developing Business Development Opportunities.
a. Engage and Lead the Service Unit business plan for special products and services like governors, turbo chargers etc.
b. Review sales targets, new products, resource concerns, etc. at regular intervals and ensure that the new business development objectives are met.
d. Develop and win project sales. Review and comprehensively understand contract terms, sales – through to the handover for execution by our project/operations team. Lead Project Kickoff meetings during handover.
The winning candidate will take the initiative to develop opportunities for upgrades based on new opportunities or replacing obsolete products. Provide a leading role in developing the opportunity, contacting the customer to identify needs and interests, prepare, with research, prior to customer visits, preparing the proposal with local and product line sales support teams.
Identify & propose new products & services based upon customer requirements
ii. Reactive– as per above, but develop opportunities that come to Wartsila from customers through our Account Managers
3. Account Management:
a. Actively manage accounts for sales of spare parts and service
Location: Halifax, Canada
Ability to communicate
Ability to organize & prioritize
French an asset
Building customer relationships
Wärtsilä products & services
Knowledge of sales techniques
Information Management: MS Office, Word, Power Point, Excel
1. Experienced as a Sales and Business Development leader, marketing and selling new equipment, projects, spare parts and service in any of the following industries: the Canadian Marine, Power, Oil and Gas and/or Mining
2. Successful experience in major projects and agreement sales (>$5 million CDN) required
3. Medium to large bore four stroke diesel or natural gas engine, propulsion or electronics sales experience an asset
4. Department of National Defense, Canadian Coast Guard and/or Public Works executive leadership experience an asset
5. 3+ years within Wärtsilä, MAN, MAK, Rolls Royce, Caterpillar or similar industry experience a strong asset
|Contact person to give further information||
Carl Dunaway - General Manager,Service Sales, Canada
|Job area||Sales & Marketing|