Wärtsilä Energy Solutions, Europe and Africa area is now looking for a Chief Project Engineer, Mechanical to manage Mechanical discipline in Engine based power plants, LNG terminals and distribution systems and battery storage customer delivery projects in the German market. This process starts from supporting the sales activities in own area of the project until warranty end.
The Chief Project Engineer is responsible for the whole Mechanical discipline (or a defined part of the scope) in project execution towards the Project Manager for the project, who is responsible for the whole project including all disciplines (electrical, mechanical and civil parts).
Location: Hamburg, Germany
- Safeguard that mechanical works are executed according to contract specifications and design directives as a member of a project team
- Make purchase specifications and bill of quantities as required for the project execution
- Make project specific design and design packages
- Coordinate the design between sub-suppliers
- Develop Power Plant project wise mechanical solution for the client
- Carry out sub-supplier quality- and delivery follow-ups
- Support our site team during installation and commissioning phases
- Give feedback regarding technical solutions and complaints
- Participate in development projects
- Develop the mechanical sub-contract together with the Project Manager.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
- Excellent skills in German and English language(Note:language skills are an
- Communication skills.
- Cost awareness & effectiveness
- Cultural knowledge
- Teamwork skills
- Proactive attitude and problem solving mind-set
Project Management experience from energy business and power plant projects is considered as an advantage.
|Contact person to give further information||
For further information about the position and the requiremtns, please contact:
email@example.com +358 10 7092956 or
firstname.lastname@example.org +358 10 7092088
|Job area||Project Management|