The General Manager, Supply Management will develop and delivery process and improvement programme's within the Purchasing team through the implementation of supply management strategy whilst ensuring all necessary compliance to operational and strategic purchasing activity.
Location: Brough, UK
• Lead and coach a team of operational purchasers and goods inwards inspectors/receivers to cover the whole Valves product portfolio .
• Overall responsibility for the sourcing and purchase of all goods and services required throughout the organisation
• Solve complex or continual – delivery problems when escalated from operational purchasers.
• Oversee and control in-bound logistics including controlling, monitoring, and reporting of inventory levels (if relevant for business unit).
• Ensure optimal inventory turnover that minimises material shortage downtime together with operational purchasers.
• Establishment and fostering of supplier relationships to develop and ensure a total least cost supply of the goods and services.
• Participate in developing and ensuring implementation of and compliance to business unit supply management, strategy, guidelines and processes.
• To travel and meet with key suppliers when required, as well as travel to each Wartsila Valves manufacturing site and maintain the proper management of each purchasing team and vendors.
• Ensure that annual scoring targets and objectives are met.
• Gather, consolidate and monitor spend data.
• In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the post holder must be prepared to undertake such additional duties which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity, change the general character or level of responsibility of the post.
A team player who can motivate their team to achieve it's targets and objectives whilst interacting and supporting other stakeholder functions. The idea candidate will be able to:
• Think clearly and logically to arrive at solutions when challenged by unexpected problems.
• Execute and develop objectives, processes, plans and programs.
• Lead implementation of supply management strategy, guidelines and processes and ensure compliance to these in operational purchasing in business unit.
• Understand the implications of the correct supply chain on Quality Assurance systems and plan accordingly.
• HNC / HND or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline is desired
• CIPS qualification is advantageous
• A recognised business qualification BA and/or MA would be advantageous.
|Job area||Supply Chain Management|