|Position description||The General Manager, Technical will drive our Engineering team across Wärtsilä Valves|
• Lead and manage the local engineering activities in the assigned area.
• Create and implement the action plan for own team/organisation in line with business engineering strategy.
• Ensure that products and / or solutions of own area is engineered in optimised way.
• To head and be responsible for the engineering team and undertake and be responsible for all of the engineering activities.
• To manage the head count & budget of the associated department.
• To build and develop a team and their associated skills sets, that is able to deal with the business needs and strategic plans. This includes but not limited to the correct competences in stress engineering & the correct levels of ability with the chosen software tools.
• To ensure that the Engineering activities are delivered on time.
• To evaluate and continuously improve the engineering processes and procedures & associated production related activity.
• (To co-ordinate and facilitate successful and effective implementation of value engineering, DFMA and product standardisation.
• (Develop close working relationships with the sales, Production & Quality teams.
• Ensure that the engineering team is equipped to deliver the technical expertise required of the business.
• Communication skills & Customer relations
• Cooperative skills
• Cost awareness & effectiveness
• Cultural knowledge
• Meeting facilitation
• Negotiation Skills
• Quality, Safety & Environment
• Organising Skills
• Presentation skills
• Reporting Skills
• Representation & Etiquette
• Teamwork Skills
• IM Tools
• English language (spoken and written)
• Customer value understanding
• Design process
• Wärtsilä Engineering tools
• Lifecycle cost understanding
• Technical product & solution knowledge
• Integrated solutions knowledge
• Technical communication
• Project Management
• Project Portfolio Management
• Lean philosophy
Management & Leadership Competencies:
• Strategic planning and target setting
• Change management
• Team building
• Management skills
• Problem solving and decision making
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in an engineering discipline Proven background within engineering management