Wärtsilä Energy Solutions is now looking for a Project Planner. In this role, you will be accountable for developing and controlling the project time schedule while ensuring its dynamicity. You will be facilitating project manager and project organisation decision making by providing timely and reliable information regarding project performance as well as suggestions regarding future activities.
The Project Planner reports to the Project Manager and the Functional Manager.
Location: Vaasa, Finland
- In cooperation with the project management team, develop a master schedule that outlines all work to be performed, its sequence and duration.
- In cooperation with project and site management teams and other applicable project stakeholders, progressively plan the works and develop the schedule by identifying the Work Breakdown Structure, Activities to be performed, their sequence and duration.
- Update progress periodically by determining the work performed. Identify and record the impact on future works. Evaluate actual progress and identify risks. Ensure reliable progress and performance information.
- Continuously interface with stakeholders and communicate the schedule in order to direct future project works. Propose alternative ways of conducting works and recovery actions if needed while modifying the schedule accordingly. Assist in creating and monitoring short-term work plans as needed.
- Actively participate and support the project and site management team in all aspects of project management, e.g. contract management, requirements management, transportation and shipment planning, resource planning, risk management, HSE management etc. Take identified issues into consideration when developing and controlling the schedule.
- Report and clarify the situation in the project in the form of progress, performance and other reports as well as verbally when needed.
- Participate in development of scheduling and planning methods and practices in the organization.
As an ideal applicant, you would have:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in applicable field (engineering or economics)
- Effective team working and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Finnish and English (other language skills are considered as an advantage)
- Organized working-style, able to multi-task and manage large sets of information even under pressure
- Sound knowledge of scheduling methods and practices
- Working knowledge of scheduling programs (i.e. Microsoft Project, Primavera, P3)
- SAP knowledge
- Experience of nuclear projects is an advantage
|Contact person to give further information||
Manager, Project Controls and Planning
Mobile: +358 400 327598
|Job area||Project Management|