- Responsible for economical and safe operations and maintenance of the plant during the designated shift. To comply with all safety regulations including isolation, lock out and tag out.
- Responsible for maintaining the machines and auxiliary equipment in good conditions of cleanliness.
- Responsible for starting the local and remote engines and synchronising them. Presenting immediate solutions of protection of the equipment in cases of possible flaws.
- Resolve abnormalities that occur in the DC system of the plant.
- Inspect engines electrical systems of the engines, auxiliary equipment and other existent equipment in the plant to detect electrical faults and take the necessary steps for the prevention and correction of the referred abnormalities.
- Reconditioning and overhaul of engine’s electrical components.
- Carry out corrective inspections of all electrical equipment and supervision of the engines.
- Maintenance of electrical tools, fixtures, cutting tools and hand tools
- Attend to Operation and Maintenance problems. Support the operating team in solving technical and operational problems.
- Assist the electrical supervisor if required to technical and / or administrative meetings requested by the superior
- To clean and keep the working area in good order
- Prioritize and execute the tasks in such a way that the assigned resources are used effectively and that the scheduled and objective work are achieved.
- Proposals for spare parts order stock, stock keeping and inventory making, arranging of arriving goods
- Fulfill with Wartsila rules, guidelines and internal policies
- Maintain the plant during the shift according to company policies, procedures and operation profile/plan.
- Carry out electric operation and maintenance activities according to the policies, procedures and plans of the Power Plant.
- Carry out electrical maintenance reports requested by the superior, according to the guidelines.
- Teach and guide other technicians in the area of work and in general
Cost awareness & effectiveness
Wärtsilä quality, safety, environment skills
Auxiliary system knowledge
Engine control system knowledge
Technical drawings and flow charts
Measurement equipment, Mechanical/Electrical
Electrical or Electronic Technician Experience in Operation and Maintenance of Wartsila Power Plants. At least five years of experience in the electrical technical area
|Job area||Contract Delivery|