Wärtsilä’s corporate-level Design team plays a key role in the digital transformation of our company. Being a Service Designer at Wärtsilä offers a unique opportunity to disrupt traditional businesses on a global scale. As part of a small but highly skilled and focused team you will have a direct impact on safety, efficiency, sustainability and predictability of our customers' operations, helping both them and Wärtsilä grow.
The Service Designer will primarily be building up an understanding of the various customer paths related to our products and services, and mapping out and optimizing the touchpoints along these paths. This will help us in prioritizing and focusing our development work, and support the whole company in becoming more customer-focused. This role will also actively support the incubation process of new digital businesses, cooperating closely with both internal and external cross-business teams.
We are looking for someone who is humble and yet persistent, and can communicate clear design visions that people want to follow. The ideal person for this role is comfortable with being in close contact with both internal and external stakeholders, and is an expert at finding explicit and tacit customer needs from fragmented sources. To be successful in this role you need to be highly self-motivated and organised, and driven by a passion to make a larger impact on a strategic level, even if it initially requires taking many smaller steps.
Location: Helsinki, Finland; Singapore
Locations in Germany and USA also considered.
- Research and improve our understanding of digital touchpoints over different customer paths, significantly contributing to achieving our goal of Wärtsilä as a Service.
- Communicate our customer paths to relevant stakeholders.
- Support, consult and participate primarily in customer-facing development projects, and secondly in internal development projects.
- Support Wärtsilä’s digital business incubation process and projects.
- Develop and manage the documentation related to the own functional area.
- BA or MA in Service Design or other relevant design subject.
BA or Bsc in Design, Computer Science, Human-Machine Interaction or similar with a strong Service Design track record also possible.
- 2-4 years of professional design experience.
- Strong background with qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Good ability to translate brands into experiences.
- Experience in Agile development methods.
- Courage and passion to drive change by own example in a large organisation.
- Experience in B2B sector is an advantage.
- Experience with training or coaching is an advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Familiarity with multiple languages and cultures is an advantage.
- Available to travel 30-50 days/year.
- Portfolio or link to previous works requested.
|Contact person to give further information||Mikael Leppä, Senior Manager, Design Thinking & UX; email@example.com|
|Job area||Digital Technology and Innovation|