Wärtsilä Services is looking for a Change Management Engineer to join the Content Management team. The Content Management team is part of the Technical Services Power Systems Services organisation, located in Vaasa (Runsor), Finland.
We are establishing a new function within the Content Management organisation that will be responsible for managing and coordinating activities, tools and systems supporting growth of the spare part business and supporting life cycle activities for specifically our auxiliary systems, products and components. That includes both our own design as well as any 3rd party equipment delivered by Wärtsilä. The main task is to focus on enabling Wärtsilä to have more master data of high quality in our PDM, PLM and ERP systems in a way that enables us to manage and deliver and maintain high volumes of product data efficiently. You will be working in close cooperation with other internal and external stakeholders and experts in order to achieve this goal.
Your main responsibilities as a Change Management Engineer are to coordinate activities to create, update and maintain the content and spare part related master data of our products’ making the information available in our PLM system. You will be supported by our spare part teams as well as by our product management organisation.
Effective communication skills are needed to ensure the flow of high-quality information between Technical Information and the internal and external experts and stakeholders.
Our PLM system platform is under development in order to support auxiliary business in a better way and you will have a big role in driving these development activities from the business side as well.
Content and Master Data Creation
- Administrate the content creation and maintenance function
- Act as a coordinator between the different business units and business teams assuring the created content is up to date and made available in the correct order
- Quality monitoring and quality assurance of the created content
- Coordinate and monitor the information flow between the business units and between the business teams
- Facilitate work planning meetings assuring the project lists are up to date
- Enable and assure project specific delivery of auxiliary master data according to deadlines set by the project teams and organisations.
PLM Platform Development
- In Services today the product management organisation is the owner of our PLM solution, your role is to heavily support that development
- Clarify and define update scope with the experts concerned
- Help and support our information management organisation and external vendors with requirement specifications, testing and validation
- Participate in pilot projects, proof of concepts validating that the tools and systems under development will deliver functionality that supports the auxiliary business
- Actively participate in update, status and review meetings
- Follow and continuously improve quality guidelines, instructions and training materials
- Act as a business expert from Technical Information, Content Management and express our point of view
- Participate and support business roll outs of new PLM functionality.
- BSc or MSc degree in engineering, information management or similar professional qualifications
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written
- Good co-ordination and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous, with a good eye for detail
- Good self-management skills
- Knowledge and experience of content and revision and variant change management
- Have a strong interest and willingness to learn about auxiliary system technology, content management systems as well as PDM and PLM systems and platforms
- Be a social and curious person, who is not afraid of discussing issues with our technical experts face to face
- Be a good team player, who works well with others
- Work with high energy and determination
- High people skills and strong social competence
- Ability to think outside the box
- Knowledge of the spare part related CMS systems, PDM/PLM systems is considered an advantage
- Relevant professional work experience is considered an advantage.
|Contact person to give further information||
Tommy Rodas, Manager, Content Management
Henrik Pärus, Team Leader, Technical Information