The Strategic Buyer is accountable for the development and implementation of the Valves business supply chain strategy through ensuring the development of strong framework agreements with suppliers alongside the identification of strategic suppliers in line with cost reduction initiatives.
• Actively participate in the creation of the category strategy / action plan and its implementation
• Support the Supply Chain function to establish, maintain and monitor KPI’s to optimise supply chain performance in support of spares and production requirements
• Participate in the development of, and become an expert User in the Purchasing/Planning modules within SAP MM
• Lead / support / participate in negotiations, secure capacity and forecasting
• Lead / support the creation and updating of supply contracts with suppliers, maintain SAP Outline Agreements and material / vendor master data in relevant parts and secure compliance to Wartsila Supply Management Agreements
• Analyse future demand trends in cooperation with Sales and Commercial or other involved functions
• Gather and analyse spend and supplier data, execute bench-marking, provide relevant data to sales tools
• Identify and project manage alternative least cost initiatives with regards to outsourcing, sub-contracting and e-supply chain to minimise cost and risk whilst maintaining product integrity and quality Support with the development of innovative and sustainable initiatives to deliver continuous
• Strong negotiation skills
• Commercially astute
• Good understanding of Contract Law and implementation of Supply Agreements is essential
• Familiarity with SAP ERP and MRP systems
• Good IT skills and familiarity with MS Office required
• Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work under own initiative is required
• Good verbal and written communications skills with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to read complex drawings is essential
• Full or working towards MCIPS qualification / Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply
• Must have previous experience within a similar strategic buying role and must have some knowledge of working within an engineering or technical environment.
• A background in a Valves type manufacturing industry would be a distinct advantage.
• Must have proven experience of leading cost reduction and supplier rationalisation projects.
|Job area||Supply Chain Management|