As a Mechanic in our Propulsion Workshop it is your responsibility to work on overhauling, repairing, building and remodeling all types of marine propulsion systems such as Propellers, Thrusters, Oil Supply Units, etc. On each assigned project you can use Wärtsilä manuals, drawings and fixed measurement- /repair procedures.
You will have the chance to work in a technically interesting environment within the maritime industry. As a Mechanic you will be part of our Propulsion Workshop team existing of 25 propulsion professionals. For experienced Mechanics we can offer the chance to work independently at your own assigned projects. Junior/trainee mechanics will be guided by one of our experienced colleagues.
Both starters and more experienced mechanical engineers are invited to send in their application.
• You will work on disassembly, inspection, assembly and testing of complete propulsion installations and components.
• If you find any discrepancies and/or non-conformities you discuss and solve this with the workshop foreman.
• You work according to order/project records and checklists.
• You ensure that the work is executed according to Wärtsilä Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and procedures
• Contribute in keeping a clean and tidy workshop, in particular his or hers own working area
• You have proven technical knowledge and experience with mechanical assembly procedures.
• The ability to read and understand technical assembly drawings and assembly instructions.
• You have knowledge of repair procedures like welding and machining.
• Preferably you are familiar with the industry safety standards and practices.
• Familiar with precision measurements and special Hydraulic and mechanical tools
• Dutch and English written and verbal skills
• You are able to work under pressure as well as the flexibility to take part in overtime and weekend shifts if needed for certain orders/projects.
|Contact person to give further information||
We highly care for employability of all our employees hence employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials. The opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious, growth orientated organisation. We offer excellent primary and secondary terms of employment and a healthy work-life balance. We foster openness, respect and trust. The culture can be described as down to earth and decisive.
We drive an inclusive corporate culture by respecting diversity. Success requires a mix of employees - diversity in nationality, gender, age, personality and educational background.
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your job application, together with a Curriculum Vitae. If you have any questions you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org