Wärtsilä West Africa is currently seeking Superintendent, Mechanical (1 pers) for its Field Services.
• Perform advanced troubleshooting on equipment families according to customer requirements as well as quality,
health, safety and environmental and cost targets.
• Have broad knowledge of Wärtsilä equipment families.
• Proactively advice and promote available products and solutions to customers.
• Assist key accounts.
• Perform Field Service activities according to the work plan.
• Perform advanced troubleshooting on equipment families.
• May act as system commissioning engineer and may lead the related commissioning activities.
• May lead and manage assigned team and related activities during the work execution.
• Interact with customers during the work execution (e.g. conducting introduction meeting).
• Perform internal and external progress status of the assigned work.
• Create the Service Work Reports.
• Ensure that the work is executed according to Wärtsila Quality,
• Collect field experiences to enable early detection of malfunctioning components
• Instruct the local Field Service Engineers and help develop the technical competencies
• Assist the Sales Team in contacts with customers
• Support Technical Service by providing feedback and field testing
Making change happen
Decisiveness and action orientation
Planning and target setting
Developing self and others Communication Situational and cultural sensitivity
Business and Customer focus Bachelor’s Engineering degree (Marine or Mechanical Engineering, Maritime University) At least 5 years related experience, or associates degree and 5 years related experience, or Technical schools or
Vocational (preferably Mechanical) and 5 years related experience as :
• Mechanical engineer on Wartsila Diesel Engine or Propulsion
• Mechanical technical experience on Wartsila Power Plants or Ships with Wartsila and licensed engines
• Mechanical maintenance Technician on large industries or refinery
|Job area||Service Delivery|