WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE HAVE
• As our current long-term Contract Manager is soon retiring we would now have the opportunity for someone in the Hamburg Area to join a team LEADING the largest ever 12-year strategic Maritime Service Agreement for rotating machinery for the largest Cruise ship company.
• We are a SMART Technology company that empowers our people to collaborate and shape our business, so that we can have a sustainable impact on society
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT
• You feel the constant NEED to make an operation more EFFICIENT
• You are already an experienced LEADER and you enjoy coaching others to reach their potential
• You are not happy with the status quo, you enjoy DISRUPTION and doing things differently
• You like to NEGOTIATE your way out of problems and find solutions
• You are satisfied only when you deliver QUALITY work and you don’t mind to work under PRESSURE
• You CARE deeply about the SAFETY of others
• You have experience with equipment repair and maintenance in the maritime industry
• You have strong financial skills and are comfortable with financial tools
• You have Strong English language skills
• You don’t mind occasional travelling
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE CONTRACT MANAGER
You have an early call with your Wartsila colleagues in Finland to discuss challenges they had over the past week with meeting the engine overhaul duration schedule planned for one of the largest cruise ships. You discuss how to make improvements to the current work to meet the deadline by adding additional resources and you discuss some general process changes to ensure that this problem is not repeated next month on the next engine.
During the day, you communicate with various customer contacts and at the end of the day you meet the customer in their office to discuss received feedback on multiple ongoing projects. The customer gives feedback about what they did not like and what they see as improvement areas. You take the feedback and you understand that this would mean several changes to our way of working. You work with the customer to address the changes and agree how to move forward to change our way of working and after the meeting discuss or summarizes the topics with your colleagues based in USA.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE TO LAND THIS JOB
M.Sc. of B.Sc. in Engineering / Business / Management
A great attitude, strong work ethic, and strong ability to LEAD
|Job area||Service Delivery|