• Provide leadership and management of Wӓrtsilӓ Seals & Bearings UK’s Operations functions, across two sites.
• Integrate and optimise Operations activities across the combined S&B UK-Sweden sites, in collaboration with the Swedish management team and for the benefit of the combined UK-SE business.
• Provide leadership to S&B UK management on all strategic Operations issues.
• Ensure a high degree of operational expertise and competence to deliver S&B UK’s products and services on-time and in line with quality, cost and lead time targets.
• Drive Operational Excellence throughout the Operations group, to improve the performance of current processes and to introduce new, improved processes.
Tactical: Develop the Operations team and implement processes and standards to achieve Operational Excellence and to hit key Operations KPI’s.
Strategic: Design and execute Operations strategy to support and deliver the business strategy, including:
• Transition from an OEM, own-product manufacturer, delivered via a traditional supply chain, to become an own+3rd party product-and-service provider, delivered via an international value network
• Transition from a make-to-order business to a make-to-stock / customise-to-order business, using Sales & Operations Planning methods
• Increase the use of plastic composite materials in place of metals.
• Migrate from single-mission, 3-4 axis machine tools to multi-mission 5 axis machine tools.
S&B UK’s Operations across two sites, including:
• Finished product assembly and test
• Inventory management
• Manufacturing engineering
• Metal part machining
• Packing & despatch
• Plastic composite winding, moulding and machining
• Supply chain management (strategic & operational)
• S&B Sweden’s Operations, in collaboration with the Swedish team
• Lead & manage all Operations functions.
• Develop & implement manufacturing strategy & action plan.
• Secure improved productivity and adherence to quality standards.
• Adapt and implement Wärtsilä’s chosen manufacturing process methods.
• Ensure that all Operations processes are effective and efficient.
• Prioritise, plan and coordinate manufacturing activities to deliver agreed quality, delivery precision, lead time and costs.
• Ensure that continuous improvement system exists, is maintained and optimised.
• Adapt best HSE practices to minimise related risks.
• Manage and recover potential deviations from agreed budget and plans.
• Proactive, positive, energetic - makes things happen.
• Results driven.
• Lean leadership:
• Focusses on the customers’ values
• Improves the process to deliver the KPI’s
• “Sees” and removes non-value-adding activity
• Makes time for improvement
• Leads from the shop floor (not from the office)
• Empowers the team to deliver
• Considers the end-to-end value stream (has experience of value-streamed organisations)
• Uses visual, real-time management in all areas
• Plan-do-check-act approach to everything
• Planning & target setting.
• Innovative: willing to experiment and fail to achieve greater success
• Coaching style.
• Good interpersonal and communication
• Strong decision making
• Numerically strong
• Financial knowledge
• Presentation skills
• Reporting & analysing skills
• English language
• Management & Leadership Competencies:
• Strategic planning and target setting
• Change management
• Team building
• Problem solving and decision making
• Project and planning competencies No specific requirement Successful previous performance in a senior management role, within a manufacturing business
Proven history of:
1. Achieving Operational KPI’s (Q, D, C and LT)
2. Achieving Operational Excellence
3. Leading and managing diverse teams
4. Collaborating with international teams
|Contact person to give further information||Please contact Chris Rowlands for further information regarding this post.|