This is a MACHINIST position, if you have no skills or qualifications in this field, your application will not be considered.
- Perform In-situ machining work on Wartsila and other OEM products
- Perform Machining work in workshop as well as field environment.
- Participate with improvement of In-situ machining products and services
- Promote QuantiServ and Wärtsilä Products and Services.
- Prepare Service reports and travel expenses on time and with expected quality
- Perform engine and crankshaft inspections
- Identify failures, making adjustments, assist on trial runs and testing of Mechanical installations according to instructions.
- Provide internal and external work reports according to Wärtsilä standards.
-Perform site audits.
- Collect and organize time and expense reports. Reporting and informing administrative personnel as required.
- Independently execute engine repair by In-situ machining.
- Participate in working groups and build team spirit.
- Safely execute all work according to Wärtsilä standards.
- Provide exceptional service experience for the customer.
- In-situ Machining using crankshaft machining tools
- Line-boring using boring bars
- Use of laser and optical alignment equipment
- Use of mechanical measuring equipment
- Tool calibration and verification
- English, second language is a plus
-MS Office tools
-IM applications and IM tools
-Communication skills & customer relations
-Motivated to learn and grow professionally
-Ability to follow directions
-Ability to deal with people of different nationality.
-Ability to work under pressure
-Motivation to travel around USA for at least 7-8 month per year, and also abroad if required.
BS degree + 1 year of related experience, or associate degree and 2 years of experience, or High School Diploma /Technical / Vocational school (preferably Marine, Mechanical) + 5 years of machining experience. Skilled machinist, with knowledge and hands-on experience with use of laser equipment, milling, drilling, manual lathe operations and line boring tools. If you have no skills in this field, your application will not be considered.
|Contact person to give further information||
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
|Job area||Service Delivery|