We are now looking for Superintendents to Wärtsilä Services Global Contract Centre. As a Superintendent, you will be working for a global execution of marine agreements and as a part of team that is fully dedicated to Carnival Performance Based Logistic agreement. Work requires frequent travelling. The primary locations Vaasa, Turku, Genoa, Hamburg and Southampton are preferred but this is global so other locations will be noted.
Location: Vaasa, Finland; Turku, Finland; Genoa, Italy; Hamburg, Germany; Southampton, UK
In this position you will execute and report various Fields Service jobs, mainly following maintenance schedule. Work will be carried out according to high standards and on time. You must also be able to handle changes in schedules by being flexible player and find solutions to customer sudden needs. It will bring you challenges and is a very good chance to develop your already excellent supervisor skills further!
As a Superintendent Engineer you will perform repairs and overhauls on equipment according to customer requirements together with customer riding crew or with Wärtsilä FS engineers.
Work includes mainly engine maintenance related activities, scheduled site audits, SFOC and lifetime cost reduction upgrades and selected auxiliary maintenance jobs.
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in mechanical engineering, Marine engineering or similar mechanical education
- Some years of engine mechanical experience gained thru field service activities is desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Teamwork skills, cultural knowledge
- Ability to cope with many open issues at the same time
- Cost awareness, effectiveness and business understanding
- Knowledge of Wärtsilä engine portfolio
- Experience in interacting with customer representatives from different cultures and as a team leader in FS activities
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
|Contact person to give further information||
Esa Pitkäranta, Team Leader, Global Contract Centre
Tel: +358 40 1875380
Please submit your application and CV via our website (www.wartsila.com/careers)
|Job area||Service Delivery|