We are now looking for General Manager Field Services, TS, CAC & Workshop to develop and manage the Field Services & Workshop activities within assigned networks in the Service unit.
Reporting to Director, Service Unit Middle East
Location: Dubai, UAE
As a General Manager Field Services TS, CAC & Workshop responsibilities areas include but are not limited to:
• Leading, managing and developing, Field Service organization as per Wärtsilä guidelines in close co-operation with W-S global network in order to achieve optimal quality of service performance and profitability of activities.
• Lead and manage service delivery organization to provide high level technical support, training and/or field services activities to enable optimal performance of customer installation and to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Participate in technical and contract negotiations.
• Ensure that technical and operating issues/tasks are solved in optimized way.
• Ensure FS process are implemented and followed according to the Services guidelines.
• Support and closely work with project management, contract management sales and other networks with regards to FS activities.
• Participate proactively in ongoing projects and regional FS meetings.
• Oversee FS competence developmental activities including technical, professional and general skills to ensure training needs are planned and implemented.
• Manage the utilization rate of FS organization and ensure FS KPI’s of the region or area assigned are always achieved.
• Foster operational excellence in the FS organization and support initiatives.
• Implement quality, environmental, health and safety systems and ensure safety culture is aligned within FS organization.
• Develop & manage Workshop related activities in close co-operation with concerned Manager / Team Leaders.
• Develop a well organized training schedule based on local requirements
• Implement career path planning for FS employees.
• Develop, implement and integrate new services or services capabilities
• Technical and economical result of the FS organization
• Budget and action plan responsibility
• Field Service KPI’s
• Customer satisfaction for FS activities
• Availability of skilled resources according to regional expectations
• Response times towards customers for FS issues
• Immediate reporting and finally invoicing for FS jobs
Bachelor’s in engineering or equivalent in marine engineering
Minimum 10 years’ experience of similar activities
Having hands on experience in operation & maintenance of Engines and running a full-fledged workshop.
Cost Awareness and effectiveness
Process Development knowledge
Training and Development skills
Wärtsilä knowledge and business understanding
Wärtsilä quality, safety and environmental skills
Contract / agreement management
Field service process
Technical problem solving skills, FS
Auxiliary system knowledge
Control & automation system knowledge
Engine knowledge, 2-stroke
Engine knowledge, 4-stroke
Engine knowledge, MS
Operation and maintenance knowledge
Propulsion equipment knowledge
Boiler equipment knowledge
Management & Leadership Competencies:
Strategic planning and target setting
Technical Problem solving and decision making Requirements
|Contact person to give further information||
Director, Service Unit Middle East
Applications only via wartsila.com/careers web-page. All candidate info (CVs or other) sent to Wärtsilä via email will be categorically rejected.
|Country||United Arab Emirates|
|Job area||Service Delivery|