Wärtsilä Gas Solutions is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a General Manager, Sales role in Wärtsilä North America, Inc., Puregas Solutions.
The GM, Sales will have a front sales, customer facing role with an in-depth knowledge about WGS/ Biogas upgrading and Liquefaction product portfolio and the competences to develop system solutions in close collaboration with the customer. In addition, qualified candidates will be a customer facing person in a prospect coordinating role with excellent skills to bring people from various disciplines together. The GM, Sales will create a market demand, but also having the ability to close a deal. Customer centricity is a key to influence technical design requirements and build long term relationships, where you are developing business on behalf of, and in close cooperation with, the Biogas Upgrading and Liquefaction Product Lines.
Qualified candidates will be responsible for:
• Order Intake (OI) and GM of Biogas Upgrading and Liquefaction business in North America.
• Market awareness of Puregas and its product offers within Biogas Upgrading and Liquefaction.
• WGS objectives and key strategic actions related to the above-mentioned focus areas.
Wärtsilä is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Wärtsilä complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
The General Manager, Sales will have the following main responsibilities:
• Create a demand on the market by;
o Marketing (exhibitions, advertisement, Case stories etc.).
o Relationship building with the key market influencers – Key Account Management.
• Keep an updated list of all valid contracts on the market that are not yet awarded;
• Perform Sales according to the Puregas ‘Do business’ process;
• Develop sales at selected Key Accounts according to plan;
• Ensure in close cooperation with Product Lines the forecasted strategic growth - meeting set order intake and margins;
• Monthly/yearly forecasting of target settings;
• Develop and maintain existing and potential new “close to customer” relationships in cooperation with Product Line;
• Pro-active sales orientated approach by active participation in customer meetings;
• Organizing of seminars and road shows in cooperation with Sales & Marketing organization, Global Sales Network and WGS
• Attending and presentation of papers on conferences and seminars;
• Developing of indirect focus areas and relationships (government, port authorities, classification societies), enabling
Wärtsilä products becoming more visible in the market;
• Reporting of sales opportunities, customer meetings and business intelligence in such a way that information is
available and easy accessible throughout WGS and/or Wärtsilä organization, by active usage of CRM tools;
• Identification and exploration of market trends/demands, ensuring these will get necessary follow-up within SMT,
Product Lines and/or Innovation department;
• Ensure professional competence development of Global Sales Network and agents by organizing gas training programs for
Biogas Upgrading and Liquefaction product portfolio;
• Playing an active role with respect to customer satisfaction feedback follow-up and surveys;
• Customer awareness promotion with respect to Quality, Health, Safety and Environment, in accordance with Wärtsilä
The General Manager, Sales will have the following developmental responsibilities:
• Regular update and training of right qualifications within areas of responsibility;
• Leadership through Performance Management according to Wärtsilä Guidelines;
• Setting Performance targets;
• Continuous feedback and coaching;
• Evaluating performance.
• BSc/MSc or MBA with sound technical understanding
Job Requirements general:
• Demonstrated Sales & Marketing experience and achievements;
• Cost awareness & Effectiveness;
• Cultural knowledge;
• Presentation skills;
• Quality, safety & environmental skills;
• Willingness to travel.
Management & Leadership:
• Strategic planning and target setting;
• Team building and motivation, be willing to take ownership;
• Leadership skills, demonstrated by several years of experience, in a sales organization;
• Strong communication skills.
• In depth knowledge and understanding of biogas industry, mainly from sales, but also from delivery perspective;
• Customer value understanding, thinking in commercial feasible / cost efficient solutions;
• Skills and experience in building and maintaining customer relations throughout the lifecycle;
• Analytic and entrepreneurial business development;
• Strong performance and result orientation;
• Excellent negotiation skills and contractual/commercial knowledge;
• Technical product & solution knowledge, advocating integrated/smart solutions and developing differentiators in close
cooperation with Product Lines;
• Focus on sustainability and environment;
• Lifecycle cost understanding;
• Digitalization mind set with driving force of “linking the dots”.
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
|Job area||Sales & Marketing|