Wärtsilä Valves ltd currently have a vacancy for a Senior Cell Technician to join our busy Production team based in Hull.
The Senior Cell Technician will help ensure our product are assembled, tested and completed to specification.
• Working to Engineering drawings and following any relevant processes
• Adhere to the relevant quality procedures and requirements, and participate in events/ investigations as necessary
• Using appropriate test facilities, perform required tests to the relevant specification recording results as necessary
• Capable of performing any process or function within the manufacturing cell. Training will be given as required. Functions will include;
· Assembly builds
· Hydrostatic/air testing for product conformity, as well as other product type testing
· ERP system transactions
• Working with production Engineering to Troubleshoot and resolve production related issues
• Informing management of events impacting schedule
• Review manufacturing documentation to ensure compliance
• Carry out work in a safe manner, notifying management of safety issues and risks
• Supporting creation of Standardized Operations (SOP’s) for manufacturing methods and ensuring SOP’s are adhered by all team members.
• Training of staff, or team, to carry out working activities using standard instructions and best practices that ensure product meets customer specifications and deadlines.
• Working with management team to ;
· Provide technical training for area personnel
· Provide input on training material development
· Meet and maintain training requirements
· Develop and maintain personal development plan
• Using a variety of measuring equipment to verify product conformance
• Work with customer third party inspectors in the compliance to inspection test procedures.
• To play an active part in the pursuance of continuous improvement relating to the methods and processes employed.
• Control, operate and maintain stock control systems as appropriate
• Movement of materials, tools and equipment as necessary to support cell function, work loads.
• Support continuous improvement deployment through active participation on Lean Events, Workshops and Continuous
• Work in line with cell targets and KPI’s
• Actively participate in direct discussions.
• Development of Cell Technicians
• Manufacturing tools and equipment
• Manufacturing applications
• Wartsila product knowledge
• Production technology
• Lean philosophy
• Quality awareness
• Communication Skills
• Cost awareness and effectiveness
• Teamwork skills
• Wartsila quality, safety and environmental skills
• Relevant NVQ qualification
• Time served apprenticeship Background in manufacturing environment