Wärtsilä Global Logistic Service, Supply Management is looking for two (2) Strategic Purchasers.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading and developing the creation of the category and supply team strategy/action plan in cooperation with your team members. During this process, you will also ensure that the objectives and targets on Quality, Availability, Lead-times and Cost are met.
Location: Vaasa, Finland
As a Strategic Purchaser, your main responsibilities include:
- Ensuring supplier’s performance and availability of materials and/or quotation on customer demand
- Conducting strategic sourcing process for category and supply team, including:
- Integrate suppliers in our processes
- Contract coverage
- Supplier base optimization
- Acting as Services Supply Management representative inside the category team to ensure that objectives and targets are met
- Managing and developing supplier base, relationships and negotiations
- Communicating progress and development to the stakeholders
- Actively leading and supporting problem solving in escalated issues from divisions/support functions
- Participating with other departments in solving the escalated quality and delivery problems.
As an ideal candidate, you would have:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Engineering or Economics and Business Administration
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Target and result oriented attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluent in both written and oral business English
- Willingness to travel
- Contract knowledge with basic legal background preferred
- SAP Knowledge.
Some experience from international sourcing/engineering in electrical and automation related product categories is considered as an advantage.
|Contact person to give further information||
Manager, Strategic Purchasing
Mobile: +358 50 3736123
|Job area||Supply Chain Management|