WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE HAVE:
• We are a SMART Technology company that empowers our people to collaborate and shape our business, so that we can have a sustainable impact on society
• We have Workshops in Fort Lauderdale, New Orleans and Seattle. We repair and maintain components from our customers large power generation equipment (machining services, cylinder head overhauls, turbochargers, fuel injection systems, electrical equipment)
• We have an AWESOME & TALENTED services team that is GROWING the business
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A WORKSHOPS MANAGER:
• A typical day in your new role as a Workshops Manager starts with you joining a toolbox talk in the early morning with the foreman and technicians to talk about recognition for AWESOME PERFORMANCE, scheduling of work, safety and quality concerns, and reviewing the financial, schedules, safety & quality targets for the week & month.
• You are challenging the teams to meet delivery schedules and ask them what they need to make it happen.
• Part of your day would be spent analyzing past and future performance indicators and looking for ways to improve the business.
• Much of your day would be spent working to improve the efficient flow in the workshop using feedback from the foreman and technicians, LEAN thinking and elimination of WASTE techniques and then making the changes HAPPEN.
• You would spend time working with sales on forecasting for the workshops. You would speak with suppliers and partners about how to meet your delivery needs.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
• Financial and operational PERFORMANCE of the Workshops Operations
• Leading TALENTED and hardworking teams by example
• DEVELOPING flows and processes for Workshops function
• Delivering QUALITY on time, every time
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT
• You are already a CUSTOMER FOCUSED, experienced and strong LEADER of teams
• You feel the constant NEED for increased EFFICIENCY in all operations
• You are not happy with the status quo, you like DISRUPTION and you are not constrained to traditional solutions
• You are satisfied only when you deliver QUALITY work and you don’t mind to work under PRESSURE
• You CARE deeply about the SAFETY of others
• You are NOT AFRAID to get your hands dirty on the workshop floor to show your team you mean business
• You have experience with repair and maintenance for large rotating machinery
• You know your way around some financials and financial tools
• You have Strong English language skills
TO LAND THIS JOB YOU NEED:
Bachelor’s degree in Marine or Mechanical engineering and 5 years related experience, or a combination of education and experience. • Experience from similar roles
|Contact person to give further information||
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
|Job area||Service Delivery|