“Technical and project management support on complex warranty projects”
As a Project Engineer Aftersales you are responsible for the active execution of multiple global warranty projects related to our Propulsion and E&A equipment. Your main focus is to support the projects on topics as time, cost, quality and risk. You ensure that the project deliverables are in line with the project plan, contract specifications and directives.
The projects at hand relate to modifications, product liability and/or escalated warranty cases. The project engineer works with a project team consisting of staff from Customer Assistance, Technical Services, Field Service or other departments. These multi-cultural teams operate globally with the core from the Netherlands and/or Norway, depending on product and/or capacity.
The Customer Assistance projects are executed on installations around the world where you will be supported by Wärtsilä’s local service network offices. The main driver is customer satisfaction, to be achieved by commitment, clear internal and external communication and delivering as promised in combination with cost consciousness. In specific cases, the project engineer supports the implementation activities at site.
Location Drunen, Netherlands
• You provide direct technical and project management support and are a good partner in contacts with internal technical departments as well as suppliers with a clear target to specify, initiate, and follow-up of all activities required to conclude the project as planned.
• You make technical solution proposals and have these worked out in detail by the technical department in order to find technical and commercial viable solutions.
• You setup and maintain project specific and overall schedules (Microsoft Projects) to optimize and align field implementations.
• Direct purchasing of outsourced activities, including external component manufacturing, quality & classification documents and outsourcing “none-core activities”.
• Initiating and organizing of return shipments of material for investigations or otherwise.
• You assist, support & communicate with customers in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
• Provide periodic financial and progress reports.
• You have a Technical Bachelor degree combined with a couple years of experience in a technical warranty, project engineering, aftersales or projectmanagement environment. Preferably, you have affinity with the Maritime industry.
• Besides technical experience, you also have feeling and interest with commercial, contractual and legal aspects of Project Management.
• Customer service oriented/focused; accustomed to work in difficult situations and maintain the interests of both the customer and Wärtsilä.
• Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English both oral and written. Knowledge of other modern languages is a plus.
• Willingness to travel and stay abroad. Approximately 4 to 6 times onsite for a couple of days.
• Being part of a multinational company with a multiple matrix structures, it is important to be a team-player in an international setting.
• You are an entrepreneur with a pragmatic and enthusiastic way of working who can handle multiple projects at the same time.
|Contact person to give further information||In case you have questions about the procedure please call Egbert van der Meijs (Corporate Recruiter) at +31 (0)6 20324766 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job area||Service Delivery|