Service Unit Austrasia is now looking for a Service Engineer, to strengthen the Field Services Resources team in Australia. This position requires travelling to locations in and around Oceanic area – approximately 150- 200 travel days a year.
- Performing Mechanical installation, commissioning, maintenance and troubleshooting on Wartsila products or similar
medium bore diesel engines
- Overhaul engine components in workshop and at site/on board including some in situ machining.
- Carry out engine product trouble shooting, routine maintenance & components investigation.
- Check and adjust relevant systems (i.e. auxiliary equipment).
- Carry out tuning of engines/complete installations
- Carry out trial runs
- Identify failures, making adjustments, assist on trial runs and testing of Mechanical installations according to
- Prepare Service reports and travel expenses on time and with expected Wartsila quality.
- Provide internal and external work reports according to Wärtsilä standards. Perform site audits.
- Collect and organize timesheet. Reporting and informing administrative personnel as required.
- Extensive Experience of leading ZA40 overhauls is a must
- Experience of other Wartsila Engine
- Experience in in situ-machining
- Strong knowledge of auxiliaries equipment
- Gas Engine Knowledge is a plus
- Experience with pre commissioning and commissioning of medium bore diesel engines.
- MS Office tools
- Information Management (IM) applications and IM tools
- Various FS tools
- Wärtsilä knowledge
- Communication skills & customer relations
- Motivated to learn and grow professionally
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to deal with people of different nationality.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adapt/work independently in a challenging environment
- Team player with a positive mind-set
BS degree + 3 year of related experience, or Trades Certificate with 5 years of experience
- Mechanical engineer on Wartsila Diesel Engine or similar Medium bore applications as the lead Engineer
- Mechanical technical experience on Wartsila Power Plants or similar application as a lead Engineer
- Mechanical officer on Ships with Wartsila engines or similar application
At least 3-5 years related experience.
|Job area||Service Delivery|