WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE HAVE
• We need a new Senior Contract Manager in Fort Lauderdale to join a team LEADING the largest ever 12 year strategic Maritime Service Agreement for rotating machinery for the largest Cruise ship company
• We are a SMART Technology company that empowers our people to collaborate and shape our business, so that we can have a sustainable impact on society
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT
• You feel the constant NEED to make an operation more EFFICIENT
• You are already an experienced LEADER of teams and you enjoy coaching others to reach their potential
• You are not happy with the status quo, you enjoy DISRUPTION and doing things differently
• You like to NEGOTIATE your way out of problems and find solutions
• You are satisfied only when you deliver QUALITY work and you don’t mind to work under PRESSURE
• You CARE deeply about the SAFETY of others
• You have experience with equipment repair and maintenance in the maritime industry
• You have strong financial skills and are comfortable with financial tools
• You have Strong English language skills
• You don’t mind travelling
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE SENIOR CONTRACT MANAGER
You have an early call with your Wartsila colleagues in north Europe to discuss challenges they had over the past week with meeting the engine overhaul duration schedule planned for one of the largest cruise ships. You discuss how to make improvements to the current work to meet the deadline by adding additional resources and you discuss some general process changes to ensure that this problem is not repeated next month on the next engine.
Later in the day you meet with a team you assembled to work on the EFFICIENCY of our deliveries using LEAN thinking principals to eliminate waste in our delivery. You come up with ideas that can be quickly implemented and those are agreed to be completed in the next 90 days.
At the end of the day your customer visits to the office to discuss feedback with you on recent work we completed. The customer gives feedback about what they did not like and what they see as improvement areas. You take the feedback and you understand that this would mean several changes to our way of working. You work with the customer to address the changes and agree how to move forward to change our way of working.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE TO LAND THIS JOB
M.Sc. of B.Sc. in Engineering / Business / Management
A great attitude, strong work ethic, and strong ability to LEAD .
|Contact person to give further information||
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
|Job area||Contract Delivery|