Wärtsilä North America, Inc., Entertainment Systems is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a General Manager, Project Management position located in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The General Manager, Project Management will report directly to the Managing Director, Entertainment Systems.
The General Manager, Project Management will manage all aspects of project management execution support services on a Global level, ensuring consistent and timely support to the core Entertainment Systems, project management and project execution. This global senior-level management role reports directly to the Managing Director and is supervisory to multiple departments and employees.
The General Manager, Project Management position has overall financial responsibility for the projects and efficiency of the staff under management. Qualified candidates will also be a senior client-facing representative assisting in the delivery of customer satisfaction on a global level.
The General Manager, Project Management will be required to travel internationally and travel will up to 75% of their time.
The qualified candidate will provide strong leadership and guidance to the Project teams.
• Accountable for project portfolio monitoring and controlling and follow up of Entertainment Systems Project Portfolio
deviations/quality, delivery and cost, etc.).
• Accountable for resource management (personnel and other) of his/her project Portfolio in cooperation with Management.
• Accountable for demonstrating that his/her project management organization performance is in compliance with Wärtsilä
Project Management Methodology and Business Directives.
• Accountable for development of WNA’s organizational capability to meet business strategic objective assigned to him/her.
Wärtsilä is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Wärtsilä complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
• Assign resources to the projects in his/her organization.
• Participate in sales phase of projects; participate in offer and contract reviews and provide feedback and expert PM
assistance during sales phase.
• Monitor and report the status of his/her project portfolio and ensure that projects fulfil stakeholder expectations.
• Participate in customer relations management (external and internal).
• Manage and lead his/her project organization, coach project teams and coordinate activities between other parts of the
organization in issues related to his/her project portfolio.
• Participate in customer negotiations when needed, maintain good and establish new working customer relationships.
• Interface with local sales group in developing, modifying and updating sales processes, and tools.
• Continue development of local supplier and subcontractor network in cooperation with Corporate Supply Management.
Enhance good working relationships with local contractors.
• Participate in Group level development of project management processes and a way of working assigned to him/her.
• Develop and motivate project teams/personnel in his/her organization.
• Develop continuously customer relationships.
• Fluent in English (written and oral), German or Finish language skills are a plus.
• Advanced MS Excel abilities are required.
• SAP software experience and skills are highly desirable.
• Advance skills in MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
• IM applications and IM tools.
• The General Manager, Project Management will be required to travel internationally and travel will up to 75% of their
Education and Experience:
• BS in Business Management, Program Management or equivalent from an accredited university or equivalent relevant
• MBA or equivalent is highly desired.
• Minimum 10+ years in Systems, Systems Development, Systems Optimization and Systems Management and a track record of
delivering P/L results.
• Minimum 6-8 years overseeing global operations and a large support staff including international experience.
• As Entertainment Systems is heavily technology focused, a proven track record in the industrial or consumer technology
space is beneficial.
• Decisiveness and action orientation.
• Planning and target setting.
• Excellent communication skills.
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
|Job area||General Management & Administration|