• Responsible for the creation, development and improvement of processes and methods for manufacturing
• Create and improve PBoMs, routings, and methods
• Identify, develop and implement capacity and capability improvement initiatives and projects
• Identify, implement and sustain cost and time improvements through the LEAN elimination of waste, design of the factory and improvement of processes and equipment.
• Identify, implement and sustain quality improvements through LEAN reduction of process variation, capability analysis, and statistical process analysis and from production/customer feedback.
• Creation & ownership of production technical documentation, specific work / build instructions – for standard & bespoke manufacturing & assembly activity
• Work with Design Engineering to implement best practices in Design for Manufacture (DFM), improving manufacturability for NPI and existing products.
• Technical accountability for production, providing engineering support to production activities/projects improving floor productivity.
• Ownership of new and existing production & test tooling/capital equipment. Creating and maintaining controlled lists of these items. This will also include the control of Pattern equipment.
• Root cause analysis of production non-conformances, followed by implementation of corrective actions to protect the customer and eliminate re-occurrences.
• Research, develop, implement and share best practices to improve production capacity, quality and reliability.
• Holistically develop manufacturing methods, processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, quality control and safety standards to meet safety, quality, cost and delivery targets.
Reporting & Analysing skills
Process Development knowledge
Reporting and analysing skills
Cost and investment calculations
Manufacturing Process Development
Manufacturing tools and equipment
Production Facility and Layout Planning
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Manufacturing / Production Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or with significant manufacturing engineering experience Experience of working within Production/Engineering environment.
Experience of creation, development and improvement of processes and methods for manufacturing
Creation and improvement of BOMs, Routing and methods.
Experience using SAP