The reciprocating internal combustion engine is the main power source in Wärtsilä Marine Solutions. The turnaround of data in a typical Wärtsilä engine of today is in the span of 100-330 GB/day and continuously increasing with new engines and solutions.
The Engine Process Performance & Functionality department in Vaasa is a cross-functional team that develops advanced engine control functionalities, performs research engine testing, process simulations and new engine concept evaluations. We are looking for an Engine Data Analysis expert to support our industry transformation towards the Smart Marine Ecosystem vision by developing and providing competence and services within engine process data analysis.
The main focus is on improving reliable and predictable operation of engines in each specific operating environment. For example by understanding engine operation non-conformities develop new automatic solutions for optimized engine operation and failure prediction.
Location: Vaasa, Finland
In this role, your main responsibilities include:
- Performing data analysis for optimization, diagnostics, and predictive fault-prevention of the operation of reciprocating internal combustion engines.
- Supporting Wärtsilä business lines to provide services and solutions to enhance the business of Wärtsilä end-customers.
- Supporting the planning of such projects as well as of the overall data analysis and simulation activities as required.
- Maintaining and develop relationships with internal and external cooperation partners.
- Documenting the development of own know-how, tools, and methodologies.
- Supporting colleagues and internal partners in their decision making by providing technical expertise.
To succeed in this role, you should hold a MSc. or higher in mathematics, physics, or appropriate engineering field. Also applicants with a BSc. and extensive work experience will be considered.
You should also have interest in internal combustion engines. You possess an analytical mind-set, and you are systematic, curious, open-minded and focused. You are able to work in an international team and you have good communication skills.
Knowledge and practical experience within some of following areas and/or tools are required:
- Data analysis and visualization tools as Matlab, GGobi, Statistica, Vertica, Cornerstone, Data Applied, or similar
- System simulation tools such as GT-Suite, BOOST, WAVE, FloMASTER, Amesim, or similar.
- Optimisation tools such as HEEDS MDO, Isight, modeFRONTIER, Optimus, or similar.
|Contact person to give further information||
Chief Expert, Process Performance & Functionality
Mobile: +358 40 7052565
|Job area||Research & Development|